any of following positions, please send your resume to jobs
(at) linuxcertified (dot) com
Opportunities in San Francisco Bay Area (South Bay)
Role: President and Cheif of Marketing & Operations
Linux Certified, Inc. is seeking candidates for President & Chief Marketing Operations in Sunnyvale, CA.
May be required to travel to various, unanticipated sites throughout U.S.
Duties: Direct or coordinate the organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize marketing programs, and increase efficiency. Oversee overall business and operations. Responsible for maintaining and growing profitability of the business. Ensure customer and employee satisfaction. Confer with board members, organization officials, or staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems. Analyze operations to evaluate performance of a company or its staff in meeting objectives or to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change. Direct, plan, or implement policies, objectives, or activities of organizations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, or to increase productivity. Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding or implementation of programs. Direct or coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products. Negotiate or approve contracts or agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal or state agencies, or other organizational entities. Direct the companys purchasing activities of components and manage inventory for company systems and provide needed technical hardware and software features for company to succeed in laptop market. Evaluate offerings from various Original Equipment. Review reports submitted by staff members to recommend approval or to suggest changes. Implement and monitor processes to have quality control. Delineate the return-on-investment provided by company's products and services to clients. Stay current with the keyword-based marketing with various search. Appoint managers and assign or delegate responsibilities to them. Direct HR activities, including the approval of human resource plans or activities, the selection of directors or other high-level staff, or establishment or organization of major departments. Manage a pool of training instructors and ensure Linux Certified's training classes are conducted smoothly. Hire new staff based on business needs.
Requirements: Employer will accept Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or related technical field or related technical field, followed by 8 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in job offered or 8 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in electronics/electrical engineering or management-related occupation.
Experience must include:
1) Developing short, medium and long term project development strategic and business plans for the company, including growth plans to grow production and reserves through project execution as well as marketing activities;
2) Completing studies for early stage hardware/software implementation projects;
3) Project management and execution involving critical inbound and outbound projects and handing them over to the operations department seamlessly within scope, and cost and schedule targets, while meeting required business objectives;
4) Managing internal and external stakeholders
5) Communicating with the companys Board of Directors and external investors and financial analysts.
6) Project development and project execution audits;
7) Presenting projects for board approval for development and implementation for full funding decisions.
May be required to travel to various unanticipated sites throughout the U.S.
CONTACT: Linux Certified, 349 Cobalt way, Ste 304, Sunnyvale, CA. Please refer to Job # 1331.1.
Role: Linux Kernel/Platform Developer
1. Maintain and sustain current products in Linux kernel streaming module, build environment/toolchain and hardware platform.
2. Performance tuning in Linux TCP/IP stack, filesystem, hard disks, flash SSD and code optimization in a multi-core system.
3. Develop kernel modules, support various teams on kernel extensions.
4. Maintain and upgrade Linux kernel and Linux distribution in the current products.
5. Require a strong background in software design, documentation and implementation.
1. At least 2 years hands-on in Linux internal, kernel module, networking and/or filesystem development. At least 5 years in other real-time OS and/or kernel experience.
2. Must be proficient in C programming
3. Must be expert in at least three areas in Linux kernel: IP networking, SMP, process management, I/O subsystem, performance analysis, filesystems, memory management, booting sequence, Linux distribution.
4. Must have good team work and communication skills
Role: System Administration and Customer Support
Are you a Linux/UNIX Guru? If yes, we have a career for you
at LinuxCertified, Inc.
We are looking for a part-time (potentially full time) person
to help out with some IT projects. You should be comfortable
with at least one flavor of Linux. Some Windows experience
is a plus as well.
You will work with a group of bright and easy-going people,
and will learn at least one new thing every day. If you are
a student, we are flexible around class and exam schedules.
We are especially interested in high-energy and customer-service-savvy
Linux Instructor (Part Time)
specific topics during our Linux classes. Create new content
on need basis. Provide technical help to students before and
after the class.
system administration experience. Interest in teaching and
creating course material. We are specifically interested in
a Linux administration and networking expert.
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
POSITION: Software Engineer with a focus on Image Management
POSITION DESCRIPTION: We are seeking motivated and talented software engineer to join Linux Certified, Inc. at our Sunnyvale office. The ideal candidate combines strong C++ programming skills with hands on experience with graphics system. Furthermore, this candidate learns quickly and possesses excellent communication skills. The position requires a mix of research and development skills.
You will be responsible for researching, designing, implementing, unit testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining of code for client and server software components related to image manipulation and packaging of software and SDKs. You will be working closely with a team of other developers, QA testers, artists, and photographers to build a high quality and robust platform.
Masters Degree in Computer Science
Strong knowledge and experience of C, C++ and object-oriented programming techniques.
Hands on experience with graphics/imaging system: ImageMagick, and 2D/3D graphics APIs.
Knowledge of internal structures of image files.
Ability to understand and extend the software architecture and interface design of components that are part of a large code base.
Strong teamwork and communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical subject matter to other developers and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical members of the team.
Previous experience with developing and maintaining SDKs or libraries for 3rd party developers.
*Will accept educational equivalency evaluation prepared by qualified evaluation service or in accordance with 8 CFR § 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D).