any of following positions, please send your resume to jobs (at) linuxcertified (dot) com
Opportunities in San Francisco Bay Area (South Bay)
Role: Linux Kernel/Platform Developer
1. Maintain and sustain current products in Linux kernel streaming module, build environment/toolchain and hardware platform.
2. Performance tuning in Linux TCP/IP stack, filesystem, hard disks, flash SSD and code optimization in a multi-core system.
3. Develop kernel modules, support various teams on kernel extensions.
4. Maintain and upgrade Linux kernel and Linux distribution in the current products.
5. Require a strong background in software design, documentation and implementation.
1. At least 2 years hands-on in Linux internal, kernel module, networking and/or filesystem development. At least 5 years in other real-time OS and/or kernel experience.
2. Must be proficient in C programming
3. Must be expert in at least three areas in Linux kernel: IP networking, SMP, process management, I/O subsystem, performance analysis, filesystems, memory management, booting sequence, Linux distribution.
4. Must have good team work and communication skills
Role: System Administration and Customer Support
Are you a Linux/UNIX Guru? If yes, we have a career for you
at LinuxCertified, Inc.
We are looking for a full Time and part-time persons
to help out with some IT projects. You should be comfortable
with at least one flavor of Linux. Some Windows experience
is a plus as well.
1-3 years of experience.
Knowledge of Apache, MySQL administration
Good understanding of fundamental protocols and technologies like TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS
Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine), monitoring (Nagios), trending (Ganglia), network design, and backups
Strong scripting skills in any common scripting language available on Linux.
Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
Excellent communication skills
You will work with a group of bright and easy-going people,
and will learn at least one new thing every day. If you are
a student, we are flexible around class and exam schedules.
We are especially interested in high-energy and customer-service-savvy
Linux Instructor (Part Time)
specific topics during our Linux classes. Create new content
on need basis. Provide technical help to students before and
after the class.
system administration experience. Interest in teaching and
creating course material. We are specifically interested in
a Linux administration and networking expert.
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
POSITION: Software Engineer with a focus on Image Management
POSITION DESCRIPTION: We are seeking motivated and talented software engineer to join Linux Certified, Inc. at our Sunnyvale office. The ideal candidate combines strong C++ programming skills with hands on experience with graphics system. Furthermore, this candidate learns quickly and possesses excellent communication skills. The position requires a mix of research and development skills.
You will be responsible for researching, designing, implementing, unit testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining of code for client and server software components related to image manipulation and packaging of software and SDKs. You will be working closely with a team of other developers, QA testers, artists, and photographers to build a high quality and robust platform.
Masters Degree in Computer Science
Strong knowledge and experience of C, C++ and object-oriented programming techniques.
Hands on experience with graphics/imaging system: ImageMagick, and 2D/3D graphics APIs.
Knowledge of internal structures of image files.
Ability to understand and extend the software architecture and interface design of components that are part of a large code base.
Strong teamwork and communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical subject matter to other developers and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical members of the team.
Previous experience with developing and maintaining SDKs or libraries for 3rd party developers.
*Will accept educational equivalency evaluation prepared by qualified evaluation service or in accordance with 8 CFR § 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D).